Friday 25 January 2013

Movie and Food day!

Hello guys! Hope you had a wonderful Thursday, I know I did. It was a public holiday today so my sister and I went to Bandar to spend the day. I was so sleepy in the morning, but then again, when ever am I not sleepy in the morning?  (Not a morning a person :/)




So this is me, wearing quite thick make-up and facing the sun for lighting.There's a tip for you selca people ;)

*Selca = Self-camera or pictures taken by yourself.

We visited Jing Chew Restaurant for the FIRST TIME! 

The place had been there for 66th years, if I'm not mistaken and we never knew about the place 'till now. My sis ordered the Sesame Kuew Tiaw and I ordered Roti Kahwin (Kaya and Butter). I have to say the food is pretty good especially the Sesame Kuew Tiaw (MUST TRY ONE!!).


The address is at Spg 5, Menglait on the KFC side there. It took us a while to find the place 'cause it was so near the bridge and slightly hidden from traffic. Thank goodness for whatsapp and asked a friend who lives nearby of the location (Thank you <3).



Then, we went to the Mall to watch a movie.



(WARNING THERE MAY BE SPOILERS AHEAD!!!  Or not) 

I've been waiting for this movie since I watched the trailer November 2012. And it did not disappoint me at all. I love graphic novels and this movie was like one. I love action movies like this, it has an interesting plot line, a twist to the original Folklore but a few things didn't make sense. Also, the movie was hella bloody, lotsa CGI-ed blood. The choreography for the fight scenes was not too bad, they even had a comedic nature to it.


The script was okay-okay. Not much exchanging of lines. More actions than words.

To top of it all, I loved the fact that the movie has Steampunk reference, the weapons. The weapons used by Hansel and Gretel were awesomeeee! If I were to chose between Gretel's bow shot (that can shoot both ways 90 degrees) weapon or Hansel's rifle/shotgun/sabre compartment, the rifle wins.

Also, soundtrack was composed and produced by Hans Zimmer (Me likey!). The same guy who made soundtracks for Inception, Lion King, Gladiator, Kung Fu Panda and much more! And the music was awesome. 'Nuff said.

I rate it 4/5. Deduct one mark due to some unnecessary scenes and a few didn't make sense.

Also, the movie forgot to rate it like 16 years old and above only. So gore mannn  D: I advised you to not bring children, seriously. O.o'' 

Not gonna spoil it to you anymore, go watch it! ( Unless, it is not your thing so, whatev XD There are other movies :3 )





At Kenny Rogers restaurant~



Last stop was at Giant, Rimba. Ate at Kenny Rogers Restaurant, not bad. Affordable. Though, the service was slow ( :/ maybe because it's new..?)

Then, went home.

:D



Advice of the day: Drink at least 10 glass of water a day for a healthy body ( including non-fattening food D: )

<3



No comments:

Post a Comment