Saturday 26 January 2013

Music Review: Mine by Kim Jaejoong

Oh my Joongie! 

On the 16th January, Kim Jaejoong from JYJ released his first solo and mini-album called "I". But I won't be reviewing about the album, instead his song titled 'Mine' and his music video.

And I would like to say, *cough* THIS SONG ROCK MY SOCKS!  

I remembered back in the old days of Tri-angle/TVXQ where they did a rock song featuring BoA and TRAX, it was pretty much awesome.

I guess Jaejoong always had it in him, the punk rock side of him or visual kei. The fact that he's channeling this lost boy/dark angel/vampire characteristics in the MV is ah-mazing. I mean, it's every girl's dream (Yeah, you, fanfic writers, you).

The song and the lyrics are befitting to the MV concept, it's dark and rough. Displayed by pretty Jaejoong chained to the wall, running against of angry flying crows, getting barks from this dog (which came out of nowhere really O.o'') and baring his fangs.

Ookay, so not much rough things going on (Running against the birds was tough, I think. I mean, have you try??).

The music is amazing, the arrangement was superb. I especially love the part where the solo piano played so beautifully and then gradually joined in by the guitar and end of the song. It made me wish there was an acoustic version of him singing and the piano only.

The video on other hand, is beautifully captured buuuuuutttttttt I have one or two problems with it.



1) WHAT THE HECK IS ON HIS HEAD??? I don't even know D: Come on! Really? Dear Kim Jaejoong, you should question your stylist before the music video was released worldwide or at least, question whether THAT thing on your head made sense or not.



2) Blurry scenes. As a fan of this beautiful and talented man, I'd like to see his image super clearly and not in artistic or accidental blurs. It's Kim Jaejoong mudaskipas! Haha. But yeah, that's it .-. 

Other than, randomly placed and flying animals and fire bursting on Joongie's command (cheesy though). No problem here.  

RATING:
Song: 4/5
MV: 3.5/5       


Pwetty~


Listen and watch the Music video at this link ------> Kim Jaejoong - Mine


Author's note: Reviews are based on author's opinions and knowledge. What may apply to the author, may not apply to the readers and vice versa. Also, the author is not paid to do this. 

Peace~  


No comments:

Post a Comment